- 1 large butternut squash, halved and seeded
- 1 onion, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- sour cream to top
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place squash, cut side up, on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt, pepper and sage. Turn cut side down and place in oven for 30 minutes or until tender. Cool.
- In a soup pan, soften onions and garlic in butter.
- Scoop squash flesh into the soup pot, and discard skins.
- Puree together with cheese and stock until creamy. Add more or less stock depending on your preferred consistency.
- Serve hot, with a swirl of sour cream.