Supper time in my house is typically five o’clock. Any later, and my father starts to get antsy. So when I looked at the clock and realized that it was quarter of and I hadn’t done anything but thawed the chicken, I started throwing things together in a desperate attempt to beat the clock. Supper was a bit late, but the verdict was unanimous: it was great!
Fia’s Tomato Cream Pasta
- 3 large cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 sweet bell pepper, sliced thinly
- 1 basket white mushrooms, sliced
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cubed
- 1 can diced tomatoes (I used fire-roasted)
- 4oz cream cheese
- ¾ c grated parmesan
- Salt, pepper and red pepper flakes to taste
- 2/3 bag of Wacky Mac
Sauté garlic, peppers and mushrooms with olive oil in a large sauté pan or wok. In another pan, boil water for pasta; cook until just shy of al dente. When the peppers and mushrooms start to cook down, toss the chicken in, and cook through. Melt cream cheese into the mixture, and tomatoes and juice. Finally, add parmesan cheese and seasonings, and toss in pasta. Allow to cool briefly before serving. Sprinkle with additional parmesan as desired.